Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
from "perfect endings"
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt chocolate over hot water. Remove from water.
- Stir in the shortening and salt.
- Beat eggs till thick. Beat in the sugar gradually till very thick.
- Add the oats, chocolate, and vanilla.
- Drop by round teaspoonfuls on greased cookei sheet and bake at 375 F for 6 to 8 minutes.