Recipe by Pepper Monkey
I posted this in response to a request. This makes simple versatile crepes that can be used to make savory or sweet dishes. Top with powdered sugar, ice cream and warmed fruit or vegetables and cheeses.
Top Review by I'mPat
Sorry but this did not work for us I got 7 crepes out of the mix but just could not get them to swirl in the pan to get that nice thin lacy look of a crepe. The taste of was fine and they went reasonably well with recipe #397256. Thank you Pepper Monkey, made for Bargain Basement.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 10 teaspoons butter or 10 teaspoons cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- mix flour and salt in mixing bowl.
- add the egg and half of the milk.
- using a whisk beat the egg and milk and gradually incorporate the flour.
- Continue beating until smooth and beat in the rest of the milk.
- heat a skillet of medium heat and ad 1 teaspoon of butter or oil.
- Tip: Use butter for sweet crepes, and oil for savory.
- Pour in enough batter to cover the base and swirl to cover the skillet.
- Cook for about 30-45 seconds.
- Flip the crepe with a spatula and cook the other side for about a minute until golden brown.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until all the batter has been used.