Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are so easy, like making really, really thin pancakes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled,plus some for the pan
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- blend flour, water, milk, eggs, butter, and salt for 5 seconds.
- Turn the motor off and scrape sides down, with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer the batter into a bowl and let it stand, covered, for 1 hour.
- The batter may be made up to one day in advance.
- Heat a 7-8 inch crepe or non-stick skillet over moderate heat until it is hot but not smoking and remove from heat.
- Brush the pan as necessary with butter.
- Stir the batter, half fill a 1/4 cup measure with it, and pour the batter into the pan.
- Tilt and rotate the pan quickly to cover the bottom with a thin layer of batter and return any excess batter to the bowl.
- Return the pan to the heat, loosen the edge of the crepe with a spatula, and cook the crepe until the under side is browned lightly.
- Turn the crepe, brown the other side lightly and transfer to a plate.
- Crepes can be made in advance, stacked, wrapped in plastic and stored refrigerated for 3 days or frozen.
This recipe was amazing! It was my first time making crepes, and it was for my culinary instructor to grade, and they came out amazing! I filled them with whipped topping mixed with diced kiwi, and he loved it! Delicious~
easy and a big hit. I added a bit of cheddar to them.. Also, pour in the liquid ingredients into the blender first so the flour doesn't clump up at the bottom
These were my first crepes, and they came out perfectly. I made the whole batch and froze half, with layers of waxed paper in between. My first recipe was a dinner crepe, with spinach, mushrooms, turkey bacon and cheese - excellent! This morning, I used the crepes, from the freezer, and made a delicious mixed berry sauce with cream cheese filling. These crepes work well with both sweet and savory dishes. Great to freeze and have on hand for a quick meal or dessert!