Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love the addition of fruit to salads. To make this recipe vegan, substitute a vegan mayonnaise for the regular mayo. From Vegan Express. Since you can often purchase prepared veggies the prep time does not include the time to shred and dice ingredients.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (may use vegan mayo)
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 8 baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple for finely diced pineapple
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine first three ingredients and stir until blended.
- Combine cabbages, carrots and pineapple in a serving bowl; toss together.
- Pour dressing over vegetable and pineapple mixture; mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Wow, I really liked this recipe. I must admit that I did not follow the recipe exactly. I happened to have a bag of coleslaw mix so I used it instead of shredding the vegetables separately. Also, I didn't have any sweet pickle relish in the house so I used my own canned pepper relish. This will be made again and again. The pineapple really gives this a nice refreshing twist. Made for ZWT9 and The Apron String Travelers.
Wonderful coleslaw. I shredded the two types of cabbage together in the food processor. this was wonderful with fish tacos. Thanks for sharing!
Awesome coleslaw recipe! Made it as written and loved every bite. Also love the no-fuss dressing, which was really excellent. Thanks for sharing :)<br/>Made for ZWT 9 Family Picks for The Apron String Travelers