A cooking light treasure
Make and share this Creole Macaroni 8 Ww Pts. recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked medium elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced fat reduced sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- pre heat oven to 350 cook ground beef, onion, and mushrooms in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stir to crumble.
- drain combine beef mixture, macaroni, and next six ingredients in a 2 quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
- stir in 1/2 cup of cheese, sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese over top.
- bake at 350 for 30 minutes until bubbly.
- makes 4 servings (1 3/4 cup each).
This doesn't taste light at all!! Doubled everything except the meat - next time I would only use one can of tomato soup if I double the recipe as it came out a bit sweet. Added some tabasco too!! Thanks Bri! :)