Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple side dish.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans green beans
- Place oil in saucepan and heat over moderate heat.
- Add onions and celery and cook and stir until onions are soft but not browned.
- Add flour and cook until flour is absorbed by vegetables.
- Add tomato juice, salt, and pepper and cook until slightly thickened and smooth.
- Drain beans well.
- Add to hot sauce and simmer 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Quick to make and tasty, a way to "fancy up" canned green beans. We enjoyed it and I would make it again. Made for Pink Panthers on the Prowl for ZWT9.