Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
These are wonderful little appetizers. The dip can be used with the chicken wings, veggies, and crackers. If you don’t want to make the wings, you can make the dip and use with other things.
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1 (4 lb) package chicken wings, cut at joints and tips discarded
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup hot pepper sauce
Blue cheese garlic dip
- 1 (12 ounce) jarrefrigerated blue cheese dressing
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can baby shrimp, rinsed and chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- For dip, combine all dip ingredients. Mix well, cover and chill for 2 hours.
- For wings, heat oil to 350°F in a skillet or deep fryer. Fry chicken wings, a few at a time, 10 to 12 minutes or until juices run clear. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine tomato sauce, butter and hot pepper sauce in a large bowl. Add wings; toss to coat and let sit for 15 minutes. Remove wings from sauce; cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Place wings in a 13 x 9-inch pan and cover.
- Bake in a 350°F oven 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover and bake 5 minutes longer. Baste wings with pan drippings and serve immediately.