Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Creamy, tangy, yummy mashed potatoes, what more can I say? I can say delicious and comforting...oh and did I mention delicious? There are quite a few recipes for creme fraiche on Recipezaar. It's so easy to make, and good in so many things.
- 8 -9 small red potatoes (NOT the tiny new ones)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Wash but don't peel the potatoes.
- Place in a large pot of water.
- Boil over medium heat until the potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes, then drain.
- Mash the potatoes then add the butter, creme fraiche, salt and and pepper to taste.
This is the best way to mash potatoes for me, love the creme fraiche in there. I leave them a bit lumpy, and this last time, tossed in a couple cloves of peeled garlic to boil with the potatoes.
I also added garlic gloves and salt when boiling the potatoes. I used chicken broth when mashing and left out the butter. Added a sprinkling of fresh chopped chives. Used white pepper These are rich and creamy.
Oh, my...these are rich and delicious! Like Kasha, I also added garlic cloves in the boiling water. I added parmesan cheese as well as I was serving these with your Yogurt chicken. I did have to add a little half & half since I added the parmesan and that thickened them up a bit. Outstanding, we ate every bite! Thanks for sharing this recipe, L!