Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a treat.
- 1 white cake mix
- egg (according to package directions)
- oil (according to package directions)
- 1⁄3 cup green creme de menthe
- 1 cup hot fudge sauce, , heated
- 1⁄4 cup clear creme de menthe
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- Follow directions on package using green creme de menthe for water.
- Bake as required for cake.
- Cool completely.
- Spread heated hot fudge topping over cooled cake.
- Add clear creme de menthe to Cool Whip, spread over cake.
This was a really yummy cake. Strangely addicting, I found myself going back for more quite a bit! The ribbon of fudge was a great touch. The only trouble was that it cooked much quicker than the package directions - next time I will check it at least 10 minutes before the suggested time - it turned out too done around the edges. The cake was quite a bit more dense than the normal box cake - but that didn't affect the flavor or enjoyment of it at all. I didn't freeze it after adding the fudge, just let it cool on top, and it worked fine. I also used the green Creme de Menthe in the Cool Whip, simply because I didn't want to buy another bottle just for that, and it turned out with a nice, festive topping. I'll surely make this again (but I'll watch the time closer!). Thanks for a yummy St. Patty's day, John!