Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 16 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Saw this on Sandra Lee's Semi Homemeade show on food network today. Looks really yummy. Made in the crockpot
- 552.81 g box milk chocolate brownie mix (recommended Pillsbury)
- 3 eggs
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml creme de menthe, plus
- 9.85 ml creme de menthe, divided
- 118.29 ml chopped creme de menthe thin candies, about 18 (recommended ( Andes)
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened (recommended ( Philadelphia)
- 118.29 ml sugar
- Lightly spray a 1 1/2-quart souffle dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Make a foil ring, 1-inch thick, for souffle dish to sit on inside a 5-quart slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine brownie mix, 2 eggs, vegetable oil, and 1/4 cup creme de menthe. Stir using 50 strokes or use a hand blender on medium speed for 1 minute to combine. Fold in chopped mint thins. Transfer to prepared souffle dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, remaining egg, sugar, and 2 teaspoons creme de menthe. Using an electric mixer beat on low speed until smooth. Spread over brownie mixture. Use a butter knife to cut cream cheese mixture into brownie mixture for a marble effect.
- Place souffle dish on top of foil ring in slow cooker. Lay 8 paper towels over top of slow cooker bowl and secure with lid. (This helps to trap steam.)
- Cook on LOW setting for 4 1/2 to 6 hours. (Do not lift lid to check brownies for the first 3 hours.)
- Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting.
I just made a mini version of this recipe with a cereal bowl (instead of a souffle dish) in my mini crockpot. It worked out fabulously! I swear, you cannot mess up this recipe. I used 1/5 of all the ingredients, but used 1 whole medium egg divided into 1/3 for the cream cheese part and 2/3 for the brownie batter part; I also substituted creme de menthe for some Sailor Jerry's Spiced Rum (I live on a college campus, I do what I can). With all the substitutions, it was still moist and delicious and my roommates devoured it within 10 minutes.