Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Gradually stir milk into milk powder.
- Stir in egg substitute, 1/3 c splenda, and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into custard cups.
- Bake in pan filled with hot water to 1" deep about 35 minutes, until custard is set.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp sugar over top of each custard and place cups on baking sheet.
- Broil 4" from heat until sugar is caramelized.
- Serve with fresh raspberries.
Thank you for a delicious, healthy version of a favorite. Next time I might add a little more splenda but it baked up perfectly and we enjoyed it for Valentines dinner with raspberries.
The flavor of these was great- I took ladypit's suggestion and doubled the vanilla. However, I am not rating these with any stars presently as I halved the recipe and I think I messed something up with halving the amount of egg. I ended up baking them for much longer than required in the recipe (about 50 minutes) until they even set up at all and then they started to brown on top. Well, anyway, they were edible and very tasty, but I think that I made a booboo somewhere along the line. If I had to rate the recipe as it was, I would give it 4 stars, but I'd really like to make it again and see if it isn't really worth the full 5! Thanks!
Made this last night for the Strawberry Swap and it's a keeper! I served it with some of Ducky's Strawberry Salsa, Strawberry Salsa that I made the night before and it was so good!My DH and I love creme brulee and are glad to have this kinder- to- the- figure version- thanks for sharing this!