Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
this sauce is very simple to make yet, at the same time very difficult to make.
- Bring the milk to the boil in a saucepan.
- Mix the egg yolks and sugar together in a basin.
- Slowly add the boiling milk to the egg mixture and stir well.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over a moderate heat, stirring continuously with a wooden spatula.
- When the mixture coats the spatula, remove from the heat and continue to stir for 2 minutes, then transfer to another container. Do not allow the mixture to boil.
- If it does, it will curdle because there is no starch in this recipe.
- Stir in a few drops of vanilla essence, strain and use as required.