Recipe adapted from Zarela’s Veracruz by Zarela Martinez with Anne Mendelson as published in the Houston Chronicle. The soup can be prepared and refrigerated overnight; heat before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mince onions and garlic to equal about a cup.
- 2Heat oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat.
- 3Add onions/garlic and cook briefly until wilted.
- 4Reduce heat to medium, add hearts of palm and cook about 8 minutes to mellow the flavors.
- 5Mince scallion greens and set aside.
- 6Let garlic/hearts of palm mixture cool slightly and whirl in blender, adding a little chicken stock if necessary.
- 7Return to pan, stir in the rest of the stock, and bring to a boil.
- 8Serve garnished with the scallion greens.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crema De Palmitos - Hearts of Palm Soup
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.3
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 749.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 8.0 g