Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This will also work well using cooked cubed chicken, make, the complete casserole may be assembled and refrigerated up to 24 hours in advance, do not add in any extra salt to this recipe as the canned soups already have enough sodium content, low-sodium soups may be used if desired.
- 8 ounces dry medium egg noodles
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (can use more)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional or adjust to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, well drained (squeeze out excess moisture with hands)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (you may omit if desired)
- 1 celery rib, finely diced
- 4 cups cooked cubed turkey (or chicken, can use more or less)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed unsalted butter-flavored crackers (such as Ritz crackers)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish (can use an 11 x 7-inch baking pan).
- In a bowl combine both soups with sour cream, melted butter, garlic powder and cayenne pepper; whisk until smooth.
- Mix in cheddar cheese, mushrooms, onion, celery, cubed turkey and black pepper; set aside.
- Cook the egg noodles in boiling water until tender; drain transfer to the bowl with with soup mixture; toss to combine.
- Transfer/spread to the prepared baking dish (at this point you may cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours, remove from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to baking).
- In a small bowl combine the crushed cracker crumbs with melted butter, then sprinkle evenly on top of the casserole.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly and browned on top.