1/3 Photos of Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup
A rich creamy tomato soup with some tortellini to fill your tummy. Serve with some hot garlic bread! I just combined a few of my favorites from other recipes and added some parmesan it was a hit. Hope you enjoy it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans campbell's tomato soup
- 2 (10 ounce) cans milk (use soup can)
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Italian-style tomato paste
- 1/2 cup light cream or 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1Coat soup pan with olive oil. Add onion and garlic and saute till soft.
- 2Add canned diced tomatoes, basil, tomato soup and two cans milk. Stir till blended.
- 3Add chicken broth and stir in tomato paste till blended.
- 4Simmer for 20 minutes
- 5Add light cream and parmesan cheese.
- 6Add tortellini and cook till tender (at least 15 minutes).
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.5
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 36.7 mg
- Sodium 798.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced fire-roasted tomatoes