A rich creamy tomato soup with some tortellini to fill your tummy. Serve with some hot garlic bread! I just combined a few of my favorites from other recipes and added some parmesan it was a hit. Hope you enjoy it too!
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans campbell's tomato soup
- 2 (10 ounce) cans milk (use soup can)
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Italian-style tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup light cream or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- Coat soup pan with olive oil. Add onion and garlic and saute till soft.
- Add canned diced tomatoes, basil, tomato soup and two cans milk. Stir till blended.
- Add chicken broth and stir in tomato paste till blended.
- Simmer for 20 minutes
- Add light cream and parmesan cheese.
- Add tortellini and cook till tender (at least 15 minutes).