a better creamier sweet potato casserole not dulled down with spices that really lets you have a great sweet potato flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. COOK POTATOES Combine potatoes, cream, butter, sugar, salt, and pepper in Dutch oven. Cook covered, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until potatoes begin to break down, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 22. SIMMER POTATOES Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook, covered, until liquid has been absorbed and potatoes are completely tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees.
- 33. MASH POTATOES Add cream cheese to pot. Using potato masher, mash until cream cheese is fully incorporated and sweet potatoes are smooth or if you prefer silky-smooth potatoes, use a hand mixer to beat the potatoes. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until potatoes are thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 44. TOAST MARSHMALLOWS Transfer potato mixture to 2-quart baking dish and top with single layer marshmallows. Bake until marshmallows are browned, about 5 minutes. Serve.
- 5MAKE AHEAD: After transferring sweet potato mixture to baking dish, mixture can be refrigerated, covered, up to 2 days. Microwave until warm for 4 to 7 minutes before topping with marshmallows and baking as directed.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Sweet Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.4
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.1 mg
- Sodium 503.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 5.8 g