Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I couldn't find what i wanted, or maybe i did, but i ended up just mixing this together. This was TASTY! I don't know exact measurements so i am guessing, but I know it was enough for 4 mushrooms. I made it on two so I am going to suggest 4. I hope you guys enjoy this as much as we did. You can sub the canned chicken for cooked chicken as well as fresh tomatoes, it is all i had ready at the time.
- 4 portabella mushrooms (remove any stem)
- 113.39 g cream cheese
- 44.37 ml cheese (i used a parm asiago romano blend that was grated already)
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- oregano, and
- italian seasoning (to taste)
- 3-5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 0 medium red onion (minced)
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 396.89 g stewed tomatoes (drain and cut up 2 tomatoes)
- 2 (340.19 g) can chicken breasts
- 59.16 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- warm up oil in skillet.
- mince onion and garlic (very fine).
- saute in skillet.
- open and drain tomatoes and dice at least 2 tomatoes and add to skillet.
- mix cream cheese and cheese blend together.
- add seasonings to taste.
- add sauted veggies to cheese mix with as little fluid as you can.
- drain chicken and shred well.
- add to cheese/veggie mix and stir well.
- remove any stems from caps and place in a greased pan.
- stuff with mixture and top with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until nice and golden on top.
these were great! I used poached chicken instead of canned and it was a little dry, but i may have boiled it for too long. They were a big hit though, I tweaked the recipe a little bit just based on what I had on hand, but it seems like one you can make a bunch of different ways and they would all be good! I used only about 1/3 of a can of diced tomatoes, because I was confused whether you intended us to use the whole thing or not. It turned out well, but I think it would with more as well, it would just have been very different
Just made this tonight and they went over really well! Made them exactly as written. I dislike mushrooms but my husband and dad LOVED them. Thanks for a great recipe!