My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (19 ounce) package frozen cheese-filled egg tortellini (or use refrigerated)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (9 ounce) package green giant frozen spinach, thawed,undrained
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup romano cheese
- 1Cook tortellini to desired doneness as directed on package.
- 2Drain: cover to keep warm Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot.
- 3Add onion and garlic; cook 4 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add spinach, toamto, basil, salt and pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Stir in whipping cream and cheese.
- 6Cook until mixture comes to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat to low; stir in cooked tortellini.
- 8Cook an additional 4-5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 9If desired, serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Spinach and Tortellini
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.8
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 96.0 mg
- Sodium 867.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 16.9 g