Creamy Pepper, Tomato & Spinach With Peanut Butter
photo by Lavender Lynn
- Ready In:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb fresh Baby Spinach, washed, stems removed
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter, warmed in microwave oven
- 2 tablespoons nuts, toasted and chopped
- Cook and stir onion and pepper in oil till onion is tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato and spinach. Cover and simmer until spinach is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in pepper flakes, pepper and peanut butter. Heat just until hot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with nuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 3 more reviews
Excellent Recipe! I made this for a quick lunch today but had to use frozen spinach instead of fresh spinach! I loved the flavor and the peanuts on top gave it a nice crunch. I also added a bit more then a pinch of red pepper flakes , to give it some heat. I cut the servings to size to 2 and it was perfect. Thanks Rita!!!