Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My favourite Italian dishes usually contain olives and sun-dried tomatoes - this is no exception. Use store-bought gnocchi for a quick weeknight feed or make your own for a special weekend feast. You'll need to use a big pan, because you add the gnocchi to the sauce at the end. From an AWW cookbook.
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 425 g tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, seeded and sliced
- 750 g gnocchi
- 500 g english spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Combine cream, canned tomatoes and garlic in large pan and bring to the boil. Simmer until sauce slightly thickens.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and olives. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add gnocchi to saucepan of boiling, salted water and cook until gnocchis rise to the top of the saucepan. Drain.
- Gently toss gnocchi, spinach and pine nuts in pan with sauce until spinach wilts.
A friend had sent me a package of whole wheat gnocchi and this was the perfect recipe for it. The sun-dried tomatoes add such a crisp, fresh burst of flavor to the creamy spinach. This is a quick weeknight meal that really pleases.