Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is so refreshing to have as a starter course, light lunch or side salad when tomatoes and basil are fresh in the summer. The key is to use the freshest ingredients. It is delicious and easy to prepare.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- 6 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- salt and pepper
- lettuce leaf
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, cream,garlic, salt& pepper and half of basil; mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Just before serving, arrange lettuce, tomatoes and onions on individual serving plates.
- Drizzle dressing over and sprinkle with remaining basil.