Recipe by Derf
Creamy luscious scallops as an appetizer or even over pasta, garnished with fresh strawberry. (adapted from "Recipes from the road")
Top Review by Carol V.
The flavor of this dish is wonderful. I served it over pasta and would not hesitate to serve it to guests. I love scallops and this is the simplest and most dilicious dish I have found using them, nice change from seared, etc. I have to ask if you are a professional photographer? Your food photography is amazing. I can pick your pics out of a crowd.
- 9 large sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided (or margarine)
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, herb & garlic spreadable type
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mustard, Dijon type
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream (33%)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon white wine
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 large fresh strawberries, hulls left on
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt half of the butter in a medium frying pan , cook and turn the scallops for 4 minutes or until they are opaque and still soft and tender; transfer the scallops to a plate and set aside until the sauce is prepared.
- In the same frying pan melt the other half of the butter; as the butter melts add the cheese spread and mustard, whisk until smooth for about 2 minutes.
- Add the whipping cream; stir and bring to a boil, stir in the wine until combined and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Return the cooked scallops to the pan, stir just until the scallops are warmed, about 2 minutes and then immediately remove the pan from the heat; do not overcook or the scallops will become rubbery.
- Place the scallops on three scallop shaped dishes or on small plates lined with lettuce. Sprinkle the crumbled blue cheese around the scallops; pour the cream sauce over the scallops.
- Slice the strawberries partly through leaving the green top to hold the slices together, Garnish with the sliced strawberry.