Prep 11 mins
Cook 5 mins
Creamy luscious scallops as an appetizer or even over pasta, garnished with fresh strawberry. (adapted from "Recipes from the road")
- 9 large sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided (or margarine)
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, herb & garlic spreadable type
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mustard, Dijon type
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream (33%)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon white wine
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 large fresh strawberries, hulls left on
- Melt half of the butter in a medium frying pan , cook and turn the scallops for 4 minutes or until they are opaque and still soft and tender; transfer the scallops to a plate and set aside until the sauce is prepared.
- In the same frying pan melt the other half of the butter; as the butter melts add the cheese spread and mustard, whisk until smooth for about 2 minutes.
- Add the whipping cream; stir and bring to a boil, stir in the wine until combined and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Return the cooked scallops to the pan, stir just until the scallops are warmed, about 2 minutes and then immediately remove the pan from the heat; do not overcook or the scallops will become rubbery.
- Place the scallops on three scallop shaped dishes or on small plates lined with lettuce. Sprinkle the crumbled blue cheese around the scallops; pour the cream sauce over the scallops.
- Slice the strawberries partly through leaving the green top to hold the slices together, Garnish with the sliced strawberry.
The flavor of this dish is wonderful. I served it over pasta and would not hesitate to serve it to guests. I love scallops and this is the simplest and most dilicious dish I have found using them, nice change from seared, etc. I have to ask if you are a professional photographer? Your food photography is amazing. I can pick your pics out of a crowd.