Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe comes from Chef Paul Prudhomme's Louisiana Kitchen cookbook. This is such a wonderful flavor, I had to share it. The sauce is good anytime, not just at Thanksgiving!
- In a 4-quart saucepan, combine the cranberries, water and sugar.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, and continue boiling until thickened, about 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toward the end of the cooking time, use a potato masher to mash all of the berries.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the butter and salt; simmer until butter melts, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Just before serving, fold in the sour cream and mix well.
Just had to try this sauce recipe, & I wasn't disappointed ! WHAT A GREAT CHANGE FROM THE USUAL ~ THIS CRANBERRY SAUCE IS WONDERFUL, & I'll be making it again in just a week for our Thanksgiving celebration! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Sassy Sauces theme in My-3-Chefs]