Recipe by zepharum
When I first went gluten free I really missed those easy creamy rice in a package side dishes. Not anymore! This recipe is better! You can really play with this recipe to suit your personal taste. Try using beef stock instead of chicken and adding mushrooms.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 3 cups gluten-free chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sour cream with garlic and chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Place the oil in a deep-sided sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions, and cook until translucent.
- Add the rice and stir well to coat it with the hot oil and onions.
- Add a very small amount of the chicken broth. The amount you add should sizzle and evaporate immediately. Stir constantly and continue adding liquid very gradually. Do not add more liquid until almost all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Cook the rice until all the of the liquid has been added then turn off the heat. Add the parmesan cheese and continue to stir constantly until the cheese is melted.
- Add sour cream mixture to rice. Stir until well combined. Serve immediately.