Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. A different twist on the classic Shrimp Bisque.
- 680.38 g medium shrimp, shells reserved
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 3 stalk celery, cut into chunks
- 236.59 ml baby carrots
- 59.14 ml chopped parsley
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 slice lemon zest
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 1 sherry wine
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 354.88 ml seafood stock
- 473.18 ml heavy cream
- 473.18 ml milk
- 236.59 ml Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- chives, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add butter and melt. Add the shrimp shells, shallots, celery, carrots, parsley, thyme, bay leaves, lemon zest, tomato paste and cayenne. Cook, stirring every occasionally, until the shells are red and the vegetables are tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add sherry. Ignite the sherry with a wand lighter and cook until the flame subsides. Return the pot to the heat, sprinkle in flour and stir. Cook for another 2 minutes. Add seafood stock to deglaze. Stir browned pieces from the bottom of the pot. Add cream, milk, and HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH and bring to a boil. Turn the heat to low and simmer until reduced and thickened, 40 to 45 minutes. Strain into a clean pot and season with salt and pepper. Bring bisque to a simmer.
- Chop shrimp into small pieces and add to bisque. Cook about 3 minutes until shrimp are done. Taste for seasoning and garnish with HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH DRESSING and chives.
It's one of my favorite recipes. It highlights the ranch and eliminates any fishy taste. Definitely worth printing out and keeping on the fridge.
Delicious! My son loved this dish.