Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I make this recipe every year...very delicious. So much lighter than an ordinary pumpkin pie, and simple to make (no "cooking" involved). =) I found this recipe on a Keebler Ready Crust insert a couple years ago.
- 1⁄2 cup cold milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- In a large bowl, beat milk, pudding mix, and spice with whisk for 1 minute. (Mixture will be very thick.)
- Whisk in pumpkin.
- Stir in whipped topping.
- Spread in crust.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until set.
- Garnish as desired. Store in refrigerator.
Mom2T, I had this recipe saved in a binder, but the recipe was from a Better Homes & Gardens Magazine; dated 2005. I see your recipe states to use a (6 ounce) pkg. of instant vanilla pudding. This must be a type error! The recipe I have, states to use 1 package (6 serving) not (6 ounces). When I made this, I used a French Vanilla Instant Pudding & Pie Filling, along with French Vanilla Cool Whip, which tasted great. My husband truly enjoyed this, as he stated: "This is really good!" Hope others here give this recipe a try, as it's quick 'n' easy to preapare, and very good!
This was very easy to make and very light and creamy tasting. Made it just as listed and it turned out great!! Thanks for posting!!