Recipe by the80srule
Based this off a recipe I saw in my pasta cookbook, pumpkin has millions of savory possibilities that are just divine! Feel free to use all milk instead of the milk and cream mixture. This is so easy because it doesn't require making the cheese sauce on the stovetop. A tablespoon or two of brandy is a nice addition to the sauce.
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni (1 standard box)
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 dash sage
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded & divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions in salted water, until al dente. Drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the milk, cream, pumpkin, and spices together until perfectly blended.
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese to the mixture.
- Pour in the macaroni and mix so that it's fully coated.
- Pour into a 2-quart baking dish and top with the remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake at 375F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.