Based this off a recipe I saw in my pasta cookbook, pumpkin has millions of savory possibilities that are just divine! Feel free to use all milk instead of the milk and cream mixture. This is so easy because it doesn't require making the cheese sauce on the stovetop. A tablespoon or two of brandy is a nice addition to the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the macaroni according to package directions in salted water, until al dente. Drain.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, mix the milk, cream, pumpkin, and spices together until perfectly blended.
- 3Add 1 cup of shredded cheese to the mixture.
- 4Pour in the macaroni and mix so that it's fully coated.
- 5Pour into a 2-quart baking dish and top with the remaining cup of cheese.
- 6Bake at 375F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Browse Our Top High Calcium Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Calcium Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Pumpkin Macaroni & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.3
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 103.1 mg
- Sodium 682.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 23.7 g