Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 17 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I'm a picky potato salad eater but this version has a combination of everything I adore in P.S. Best made ahead the day before! From Bon Appetit.
- Bring potatoes to boil in a large pot of water. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 17 minutes. Drain; let stand until cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes.
- Cut potatoes into 3/4" pieces.
- Place one layer of potatoes in large bowl; sprinkle with some of vinegar and salt and pepper. Continue layering potatoes with vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add all remaining ingredients; toss.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill.
I followed the recipe, except I used half mayo, half sour cream. Iâ€™ve always made my Dadâ€™s potato salad recipe and thought I would try a new recipeâ€¦ Iâ€™m so glad I didâ€¦ give it a try, oh so good!
Very good. I baked the potatoes whole and then cut them as directed. I forgot to get green onion so I used a good sweet onion in its place. I also had only dried herbs but cant wait to make this when the fresh herbs are ready. I too added extra dill since we LOVE it. DH had me add 2 large hard cooked eggs and said next time he would like a bit more vinegar. The kids requested the left over in their lunch for 2morrow so its a winner for them as well. Thanks for posting.
I loved this too and made it right after I received my Bon Appetit. I did use less mayo and switched the proportions of basil and dill because I love dill. I didn't layer the potatoes and sprinkle the vinegar over, because I didn't read the recipe well but my salad taste good anyway.