Recipe by KathyP53
I'm a picky potato salad eater but this version has a combination of everything I adore in P.S. Best made ahead the day before! From Bon Appetit.
Top Review by Doc's Mom
I followed the recipe, except I used half mayo, half sour cream. Iâ€™ve always made my Dadâ€™s potato salad recipe and thought I would try a new recipeâ€¦ Iâ€™m so glad I didâ€¦ give it a try, oh so good!
- 3 lbs baby red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring potatoes to boil in a large pot of water. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 17 minutes. Drain; let stand until cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes.
- Cut potatoes into 3/4" pieces.
- Place one layer of potatoes in large bowl; sprinkle with some of vinegar and salt and pepper. Continue layering potatoes with vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add all remaining ingredients; toss.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill.