Recipe by hunter.kiefer
This is a very nice creamy soup rich with an earthy and somewhat nutty flavor. I quickly threw it together without thought and the results were stunning! Porcini Mushrooms are the king of all mushrooms. Italian chefs affectionately refer to the Porcini (the piglet) as a ruling class of the delicious fungi. The meaty texture and concentrated flavor will wow your taste buds and have you going back for more! Enjoy! This recipe is great for those on a low carb diet!!
- 2 cups dried porcini mushrooms
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup sweet creamy butter
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (I use a bit more)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes, knor (these are the big flavorful cubes~not the classic little bouillon cubes)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place dried porcini mushrooms into the water and soak for at least one hour. (I personally soaked them over night so they are ready for lunch.) Do NOT drain the water as this will be the bases of your soup.
- Once the mushrooms have reconstituted, melt sweet cream butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the diced sweet onions and garlic. Sauté until the onions lose their opacity (but do not allow to brown.).
- Add the reconstituted mushrooms along with the flavored water.
- Place both cubes into the mixture and allow the soup to come to a slight boil.
- Gently add the heavy whipping cream while stirring.
- Bring soup back to a gentle boil.
- Soups on!