Chef #765273's Note:
This is a very nice creamy soup rich with an earthy and somewhat nutty flavor. I quickly threw it together without thought and the results were stunning! Porcini Mushrooms are the king of all mushrooms. Italian chefs affectionately refer to the Porcini (the piglet) as a ruling class of the delicious fungi. The meaty texture and concentrated flavor will wow your taste buds and have you going back for more! Enjoy! This recipe is great for those on a low carb diet!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place dried porcini mushrooms into the water and soak for at least one hour. (I personally soaked them over night so they are ready for lunch.) Do NOT drain the water as this will be the bases of your soup.
- 2Once the mushrooms have reconstituted, melt sweet cream butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- 3Add the diced sweet onions and garlic. Sauté until the onions lose their opacity (but do not allow to brown.).
- 4Add the reconstituted mushrooms along with the flavored water.
- 5Place both cubes into the mixture and allow the soup to come to a slight boil.
- 6Gently add the heavy whipping cream while stirring.
- 7Bring soup back to a gentle boil.
- 8Soups on!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Porcini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.8
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 102.7 mg
- Sodium 477.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried porcini mushrooms