Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
A quick sauce for lamb, that's also good with chicken, beef or pasta,
- 1 cup basil leaves, firmly packed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50 g pine nuts, toasted (I do this in a dry pan over a medium heat, tossing until they are golden)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 250 ml heavy cream
- Process the basil, garlic, nuts, oil and parmesan until smooth.
- Combine the basil mixture and cream in a pan, and simmer uncovered for 3 minutes.
Oh. My. GOSH! This pesto is not only fast and easy...it is absolutely WONDERFUL! This is the first time my hubby actually rated the recipe before I asked him--He said, (and I quote) "5 stars! Did you get this on the internet? This is the best pasta I have ever tried!" I had to agree! I made this with fresh torelloni pasta, and half and half. I can't believe something this good only took 15 minutes to make! Start to finish. (hubby is already asking when I am going to make it again...) THANK YOU! This will be a regular in our house.
Excellent!!This is so quick and easy to make and tastes wonderful.. I served it with prosciutto wrapped lamb fillets for a fab meal. We love pesto in our family and the addition of the cream is yummo, it makes for a really lovely sauce. I have saved this one to make again and again as I will look forward to trying this not only with other meats but also pasta.