Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
This makes a great side dish to any meal.
Make and share this Creamy Penne Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in the oil, flour, garlic and seasonings until blended.
- Gradually add the half and half, broth and water.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese and sour cream.
- Drain pasta and toss with the sauce.
I made this recipe exactly as it was printed (why fiddle with a good thing?). I didn't have to alter the portions either. I do feel a little guily though I took full credit for the recipe when my husband was raving about what a good cook I am! Sorry. It was delicious. Thanks.
The whole family loved this dish. I did not use the red pepper and used water in place of the chicken broth. A great side dish!
I thought this came together quite well! I cut the recipe in half & used whole wheat spaghetti--I did have to add about 1 tbsp more half & half (used fat free) b/c it was too thick. I also omitted the pepper flakes & subbed basil w/ italian seas. Instead of olive oil, I used a little more light butter--and used fat free sour cream. I also omitted the broth & used more water, as suggested. It was pretty tasty! Thank u for sharing.