1/2 Photos of Creamy Penne Pasta
This makes a great side dish to any meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 1/4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter.
- 3Stir in the oil, flour, garlic and seasonings until blended.
- 4Gradually add the half and half, broth and water.
- 5Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 6Remove from heat; stir in cheese and sour cream.
- 7Drain pasta and toss with the sauce.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Penne Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.2
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 195.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 8.2 g