Copycat Applebees Creamy Penne Pasta With Sliced Prime Rib
A homemade version of Applebees' new penne pasta with prime rib! Seared ribeye that's thinly sliced, helps give the pasta that hearty bite.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs boneless rib eye steaks
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb cremini mushroom, sliced
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper.
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat with 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil. Once very hot, place the steak in and cook for 5 minutes on the first side. Flip over and transfer to the oven and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest.
- Add the remaining butter and oil to another large skillet and set over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the shallot and garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until they’ve browned, about 8 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Add the cream, lower the heat and simmer until reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in ¾ cup of the parmesan and the sun dried tomatoes. Stir in the cooked pasta and parsley and stir until evenly combined.
- Slice the steak into thin slices on an angle and then add to the pasta. Stir until just combined. Serve with parsley and parmesan on top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more