Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 3 cups sugar (minus 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons white syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon oleo
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 -4 cups pecans
- Mix all the ingredients except for the pecans in a saucepan and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes or until soft ball stage.
- Remove from heat and beat for several minutes.
- Add vanilla and the pecans.
- Spoon out onto wax paper to cool and dry.
- Make sure to remove from wax paper within 15 minutes or the candies will be syrupy on the bottom.