Prep 7 mins
Cook 12 mins
Made so that everyone will finish their peas! Adapted from the New Basics Cookbook.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup slivered fresh basil leaf (may sub spinach)
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups cooked peas
- Bring the cream to a boil in a saucepan. Lower the heat and simmer until it has reduced slightly, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Melt butter in a small skillet, and saute the shallots over medium low heat until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the shallots and the cheese to the cream and continue cooking until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the basil(or spinach), Tabasco, and peas. Heat through, 2 minutes, and then serve right away. Enjoy!
This recipe was very good. It has a wonderful rich flavor so anyone who does not like Peas, will soon love them. It is just yummy! So happy I made this gem of a recipe. Thanks Sharon!!