Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This recipe came from my neighbor. It is pretty tasty almost custard like. I liked it better warm then cold. I think it would be great with peaches and a graham cracker crust - possibly a bit more spice or extract. I would possibly add more topping as well.
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups peeled and sliced pears
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, stir together the white sugar and 2 tablespoons flour. Add pears, and toss to coat. Stir in the sour cream and vanilla, lemon and almond extracts until the pears are evenly coated. Pour into the unbaked pie shell.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup flour and brown sugar. Mix in the butter with your fingers until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the pie.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake for an additional 45 minutes, or until pears are tender.