Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Light & Tasty Magazine Feb/Mar. 2008. Originally submitted by Aris Gonzalez from Deltona, Florida.
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced peaches in light syrup, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- Thinly slice 4 peach slices; set aside for garnish.
- Place remaining peaches in a food processor; add cottage cheese. Cover and process until blended. Add cream cheese and sugar substitute; cover and process until blended.
- Spoon into four serving dishes. Top with reserved peaches.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Made for 4 and for the DM and DS (dessert over 2 nights) but I had a taste (don't have a sweet tooth) but found a litle grainy to taste but that could be the cottage cheese (Weight Watchers brand) but otherwise tsted very nice. Thankyou Shelby Jo, made for ZAAR Stars.
Made this recipe as given, although I then took Annacia's tip & added a bit of peach extract to give it more of a peach flavor, & I was very pleased with this very nice, refreshing peachy dessert! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars recipe tag]
I like this very much. Mine was very smooth and creamy. The only thing I would do differently would be to add some peach extract to enhance the peach flavor which largely lost to the cottage and cream cheeses. This actually tastes like a slice of cheesecake (which isn't a bad thing at all, lol) and it certainly is very quick and simple. It's also thick enough to be eaten at once without any chill time if you wanted too. Made for Photo Tag