Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A rich and creamy pasta dish, with mushrooms, navy beans, peas and parsley!
Make and share this Creamy Pasta & Mushroom Fagioli recipe from Food.com.
- 1 -2 cup chicken broth
- 1 sliced garlic clove
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- rough chopped fresh parsley (no stems)
- 1⁄4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese (or more)
- 15 1⁄2 ounces cannellini or 15 1⁄2 ounces any small white beans
- water, as needed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 lb quality linguine or 1⁄3 lb spaghetti
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In large, heavy skillet or deep heavy soup pot, add olive oil, heat and add 1 sliced garlic clove garlic (or more, to taste). Sauté on low to infuse oil with garlic flavor, do not burn or brown garlic, about 5 minutes.
- Add butter and continue to sauté garlic. When garlic is tender and translucent, remove and toss in the raw mushrooms. Brown and caramelize the mushrooms, without burning. Salt & pepper to taste.
- When mushrooms are done, add the RAW pasta! Toast pasta, stirring continually, til slightly browned and beginning to soften.
- Add the broth, a bit at a time, stirring, as the liquid is absorbed.
- Add beans and a little more broth, or water, as if it were risotto. Continue adding stock til pasta is "al dente" and liquid absorbed, about 12-15 minutes.
- At this point add the cheese and continue to stir, adjusting salt & pepper.
- Turn off heat and toss in frozen peas, stir and allow to sit a few minutes.
- Add parsley and stir again.
- Serve with big salad and crusty bread.