Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
You will get lots of raves with this wonderful side dish.
Make and share this Creamy Orzo With Leeks and Parmesan recipe from Food.com.
- Cook orzo in boiling salted water and drain.
- While orzo is cooking, melt butter in large sauté pan.
- Add leeks and cook over medium heat until they are softened.
- Add chicken stock and simmer until the stock almost disappears.
- Add cream to the sauté pan with the leek mixture.
- Add cooked orzo and heat thoroughly.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg to your taste.
- If it looks a little dry, add a little extra cream.
- Just before serving, add the Parmesan and stir until it melts.
Good-good,real comfort food for me! I liked the recipe alot,used 4 leeks (we love leeks) and used mainly the white part.Other than that I made it just as written. Served it with a poached egg on top and a tomato salad,it was a great meal.Thank marie for sharing.
This was outstanding. We served with veal piccata, everyone cleaned their plates. Thanks for posting!