Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is something I made up yrs ago, I use at the bottom of stuffed potatoes for a surprse, other uses, with chicken, pasta, make thinner for a great soup,use on poached fish, as a hot dip, over favourite cut of Steak, just has so many uses, try adding a little wine with the fried onions make it richer.
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove fresh garlic, mashed with a little salt (use back of knife to mash)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon tarragon leaves or 1 teaspoon coriander
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder or 1 teaspoon vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, mixed to thin batter with water
- ground black pepper
- Heat Oil& Butter, fry off Onion& Garlic without colour, add Mushroom and herbs, cook until Mushrooms get soft (a few mins), add Sour Cream& Chicken Stock simmer for a few mins, if the mixture is thin add the water flour batter, correct the seasoning with salt& pepper.
Hi Sabra_1; This sauce served with a Barbecued Chicken was fantastic. Unfortunately, I did not make enough as it was totally devoured as it was so tasty and creamy. The sour cream gave it a wonderful creamy texture. I added an extra large garlic clove and WOW!! Thanks for sharing and this is now a regular with us. "Uncle Bill"
worked well on pasta with portabellos tonight!
This was very good. I used baby portobellos and used fresh thyme. The sauce turned out pretty thick so I added water (without the cornstarch). We had this over chicken croquettes and mashed potatoes and was well liked by everyone. Thanks Sabra!