Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Ricotta and parmesan cheese add a creamy Italian twist to this version of potato salad!
- 12 cups peeled cubed red salad potatoes or 12 cups new white potatoes (see Note, about 3 pounds)
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, sliced in thin rings
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon leaf oregano, crushed
- Note: Potatoes may be scrubbed and left unpeeled, if desired.
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until just tender.
- While potatoes cook, combine remaining ingredients, except last two.
- Drain potatoes.
- While potatoes are still hot, stir in cheese mixture.
- Cover, chill.
- Just before serving, stir in parsley and oregano.
I really didn't like this nor did my husband who would eat dog food if served right, was quite dry, and really had little flavor.