Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and easy healthy pasta dish from Eating Well Magazine (May/June 2010).
- 6 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 12 ounces shrimp, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch asparagus, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup peas
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat yogurt or 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Boil large pot of water and boil pasta for 2 minutes less than directions state. Add shrimp and asparagus, bell pepper and peas. Cook until the pasta is tender and shrimp are cooked (2-4 minutes more).
- Mash garlic and salt in a large bowl until a paste forms. Whisk in yogurt, parsley, lemon juice, oil, and pepper. Add the pasta mixture and toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with pine nuts.