1/1 Photo of Creamy Garlic Pasta With Mushrooms and Prosciutto
Nice pasta dish that is very versatile. I have added sun-dried tomatoes and different veggies. From Bon Appetit, October 1995.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 177.44 ml whipping cream
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 14.79 ml butter
- 340.19 g cremini mushrooms or 340.19 g button mushrooms, 1/2-inch pieces
- 340.19 g penne pasta
- 354.88 ml frozen green peas, thawed
- 8 slice prosciutto, cut crosswise, 1/4-inch strips
- parmesan cheese
- 1Bring broth, cream, garlic, and crushed red pepper to boil in medium saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid is reduced to 3/4 cup, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix in 1/2 cup parmesan cheese; cover and keep warm.
- 2Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; saute until brown and tender, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- 4Drain pasta and return to pot. Add cream mixture, mushrooms and peas and stir over low heat until well coated with sauce, about 3 minutes. Mix in prosciutto. Cover and let stand 1 minute. Transfer to bowl. Serve, passing additional parmesan cheese separately.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Garlic Pasta With Mushrooms and Prosciutto
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 612.5
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 79.7 mg
- Sodium 487.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 18.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: