1/1 Photo of Creamy Fried Onion Mashed Potatoes
If you are an onion lover, you will absolutely LOVE these mashed potatoes, this is a simple recipe but oh so good! Use russet potatoes only for this recipe, they make the best mashed potatoes! These go perfect with a roast beef, pork or chicken dinner. For the creamiest mashed potatoes use whipping cream!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Do this firstly or while potatoes are boiling, in a skillet fry the onions in butter until golden brown (this might take about 15 minutes, and do not drain the butter, if you do you will have to add in more butter anyway!).
- 2Boil the russets in a large pot of boiling water until fork-tender; drain and transfer the cooked potatoes to a large bowl.
- 3Mash the potatoes with the whipping cream and fryed onion/butter mixture until fluffy (I use my Kitchen Aid stand mixer for this with the mixing attachment and make certain to mash the potatoes while they are still warm or hot).
- 4If desired you can add in more whipping cream depending on the consistancy you desire.
- 5Season with salt and tons of black pepper.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Fried Onion Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (754 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 715.5
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 155.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.2 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 14.2 g