Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from my sister. I serve with a garden salad and garlic bread. It is really rich and creamy. With the pepper and nutmeg I just add a large pinch but I gave actually measurements here to it is to taste.
- 3⁄4 lb fettuccine, uncooked
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream (may need more if trouble blending cheese)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Cook fettuccine a large pot of boiling water 6-8 minutes drain well. Return to dry pot.
- While fettuccine cooking place butter and cream in heavy skillet over medium low heat stir constantly 2 minutes then add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Remove from heat and gradually stir in cheese until throughly blended and fairly smooth. Return to skillet briefly to heat if necessary to completely blend cheese but don't let sauce bubble.
- Pour sauce over fettuccine in pot Place over low heat, stir and toss unil slightly thickened and fettuccine evenly coated 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Loved it!! I made as directed other than adding a little minced garlic and I used spinach fettuccine. Thanks Samanta for a great keeper. Made for ZWT4 Family Picks.
First time I tried this I made as written. Delicious! 2nd time, I added a few things: When the butter had melted, I added a couple of minced garlic cloves, then added the cream. After adding the salt, pepper and nutmeg, I added about 20 medium peeled, deveined and cooked shrimp. I let it cook over low heat until the shrimp were heated and then added the cheese. Didn't know it at the time but I had run out of Parmesan cheese so used grated Cotija instead. This is the way Fettuccini Alfredo should be!!!
We loved it!!!! I left out the nutmeg as I have tried that before and my family doesn't like that added to the fettuccini. But other than that and added about 1/4 more cream made as written. Would definitely make this again, delicious!!!! Thanks Samantha!!! Made for ZWT 2008.