Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make and share this Creamy Cucumber & Sweet Onion Salad W/Dill Horseradish Dress recipe from Food.com.
- 2 English seedless cucumbers, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon horseradish cream
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, snipped
- sea salt
- whole radicchio, leaves (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients except radicchio in a medium mixing bowl.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- Recipe note: Serve salad inside a radicchio lettuce cup for a dramatic presentation.
Nice light and tasty. Unfortunately I had to sub the fresh dill for dried dill but otherwise made as per recipe. DH and myself both thoroughly enjoyed it. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap October 2013.
I love cucumbers, so any new recipes keeps me liking them. I liked the addition of the horseradish. I it was easy to prepare.
Perfect salad for horseradish lovers. I made a few minor changes -- used Lebanese cucumbers, a red onion, 1/2 teaspoon of sugar and 2 teaspoons of dried dill. The balance of flavours was spot-on, and the radicchio leaves made for a lovely presentation. Thanks for posting.