Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is so refreshing, especially in the summer time. Again, my sister-in-law gave me this recipe. It is so easy to make and so good!
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Set colander over a large bowl.
- Toss sliced cucumbers in the salt: let stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Discard liquid in bowl.
- Pat cucumbers dry with paper towels.
- In same clean bowl, combine sour cream, dill, vinegar and pepper.
- Add cucumbers, stirring to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors or up to 4 hours.
I used 3 medium sized cucumbers and I found it was much to salty, even after I rinsed the cucumbers. I think the salt could easily be cut in half. Otherwise, I loved the taste of the fresh dill and loved how creamy it stayed after "draining" the cucumbers with the salt. Will be on my list of summer salads as long as mom keeps giving me fresh dill!