Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Cool and creamy chipotle dip... mmm! This is a real hit at parties of all sorts, in all seasons! (You can even use this as a pasta sauce and as a topper for sandwiches and burgers, or stir a little into some chowder.) Prep includes chilling.
- 2 -3 individual chipotle chiles in adobo, to taste (if you like it spicier, try 4-5 chiles)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Using a food processor, whir the chipotle chiles until smooth.
- Chop the green onions.
- In a non-reactive bowl stir together the onions, pureed chiles, garlic, and remaining ingredients and season to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Pour into serving dish, top with shredded cheese, and serve with tortilla chips, bell pepper strips, other raw veggies, or crackers.
- It will keep, refrigerated and covered, for about 3 days.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- If you like cilantro, you can add a teaspoon of fresh, minced or chopped cilantro to the dip.
I know in an hour it is going to be even better than what I got off the mixing spoon!!! Not sure if the amount of cheese listed in the ingredients gets mixed in or if it is used as the garnish on top?? I don't think it will make any difference other than alter the texture. For first testing I will omit the cheese as I don't have any montery jack. I used 0% plain Greek Yogurt instead of the sour cream and 1 1/2 chipotle peppers and 2 garlic cloves. Still deciding if I should put the cumin in as there is a good kick to it already.......I am positive this recipe will be a make again since I am always looking for ways to use those peppers once you open the can to use a couple in one recipe...then what!! Make this recipe
My wife says you deserve an award! She thinks it is the best dip ever. Make it about every time we have or go to a party. Thanks!
I used 4 chilis to make this and it was just right! The chilis 'cover up' the fact that I used light mayo and light sour cream (though it did make it too spicy for most of the party guests - I love spicy food though). I skipped the cheese topping as well only because I made it ahead of time and then forgot the garnish.