Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cool and creamy chipotle dip... mmm! This is a real hit at parties of all sorts, in all seasons! (You can even use this as a pasta sauce and as a topper for sandwiches and burgers, or stir a little into some chowder.) Prep includes chilling.
- 2 -3 individual chipotle chiles in adobo, to taste (if you like it spicier, try 4-5 chiles)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Using a food processor, whir the chipotle chiles until smooth.
- Chop the green onions.
- In a non-reactive bowl stir together the onions, pureed chiles, garlic, and remaining ingredients and season to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Pour into serving dish, top with shredded cheese, and serve with tortilla chips, bell pepper strips, other raw veggies, or crackers.
- It will keep, refrigerated and covered, for about 3 days.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- If you like cilantro, you can add a teaspoon of fresh, minced or chopped cilantro to the dip.