Cool and creamy chipotle dip... mmm! This is a real hit at parties of all sorts, in all seasons! (You can even use this as a pasta sauce and as a topper for sandwiches and burgers, or stir a little into some chowder.) Prep includes chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 individual chipotle chiles in adobo, to taste (if you like it spicier, try 4-5 chiles)
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Using a food processor, whir the chipotle chiles until smooth.
- 2Chop the green onions.
- 3In a non-reactive bowl stir together the onions, pureed chiles, garlic, and remaining ingredients and season to taste.
- 4Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- 5Pour into serving dish, top with shredded cheese, and serve with tortilla chips, bell pepper strips, other raw veggies, or crackers.
- 6It will keep, refrigerated and covered, for about 3 days.
- 7Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- 8If you like cilantro, you can add a teaspoon of fresh, minced or chopped cilantro to the dip.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chipotle Dip
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 683.2
- Calories from Fat 560
- Total Fat 62.2 g
- Saturated Fat 25.0 g
- Cholesterol 116.8 mg
- Sodium 784.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo