Recipe by Rita~
Three peppers goes into this recipe. Chipotle, fire roasted, and dried paprika. You can't say your cauliflower is bland!
Top Review by Irmgard
This was perfect to use the enormous head of cauliflower that I got on sale yesterday. The sauce is delicious with just a touch of heat. I made the sauce on the stove top while the cauliflower was roasting so everything was ready at the same time. My husband, the vegetable hater, gave this recipe a big thumbs up so for sure I will be making it again.
- 1 large cauliflower
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄8 cup flour
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 8 oz.)
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 fire roasted red pepper, your own or store bought
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika or 1⁄2 teaspoon hot paprika, your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large pan toss cauliflower and garlic with oil. Spread so in a single layer and not bunched in.Season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast 25 minutes toss and roast for 10 more minutes.
- Add milk, paprika, fire roasted and chipotle peppers to blender and blend till smooth.
- Meanwhile in a microwave safe dish heat butter when melted add flour stir and add milk mixture whisking in till smooth heat in microwave oven 3 minutes,stirring when needed add cheese stirring in till melted heating in micro 2-3 more minutes. Keep an eye on it so it doesn`t bubble over.
- Pour over the roasted cauliflower and serve.