Recipe by Cooking in Missouri
Excellent pasta dish! Must try it, you'll love it!
Top Review by Misti W.
Great recipe! My boyfriend said one of the best dishes I ever made! I did add a third tablespoon of basil pesto and one tablespoon of sun dried tomato pesto since we had some on hand. Will definitely make this again!
- 1 lb pasta (penne, linquini or bow ties)
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- shredded parmesan cheese (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain and set aside.
- In large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter and the olive oil over medium heat.
- Brown chicken breasts on both sides until nicely golden and cooked through, about 8-9 minutes each side. Remove from pan and cut into 1/2 pieces.
- Pour out drippings from pan but don't wipe the pan out. In the same pan, melt 1/4 cup butter on medium heat. Add the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and dash of white pepper. Cook 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently. Slowly stir in the parmesan cheese into a creamy mixture, stirring constantly. Stir in the pesto sauce and cook for about 5 minutes, until thickened. Stir in the chicken pieces for about 3 minutes.
- Serve with breadsticks.
- Serve chicken and sauce over the hot noodles.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh ground black pepper (optional).