Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Excellent pasta dish! Must try it, you'll love it!
- 1 lb pasta (penne, linquini or bow ties)
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- shredded parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain and set aside.
- In large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter and the olive oil over medium heat.
- Brown chicken breasts on both sides until nicely golden and cooked through, about 8-9 minutes each side. Remove from pan and cut into 1/2 pieces.
- Pour out drippings from pan but don't wipe the pan out. In the same pan, melt 1/4 cup butter on medium heat. Add the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and dash of white pepper. Cook 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently. Slowly stir in the parmesan cheese into a creamy mixture, stirring constantly. Stir in the pesto sauce and cook for about 5 minutes, until thickened. Stir in the chicken pieces for about 3 minutes.
- Serve with breadsticks.
- Serve chicken and sauce over the hot noodles.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh ground black pepper (optional).
Great recipe! My boyfriend said one of the best dishes I ever made! I did add a third tablespoon of basil pesto and one tablespoon of sun dried tomato pesto since we had some on hand. Will definitely make this again!
Amazing taste! I added pine nuts, and less pasta. Sometimes, if you add the entire 1lb of pasta, it can become somewhat dry. I prefer to use about 1/2lb of pasta, or to make some extra sauce. I absolutely love this recipe!
I really loved this dish, and so did the rest of the family! I didn't have all the heavy cream called for, so I used 2% milk to make up for all but 1/4 cup of the heavy cream. It was still wonderful, though I wouldn't go any lower on the milk fat.